When you’re investing in your home, you want to make sure you’re using someone you can trust and who’s going to do an exceptional job. But how do you know before you sign up with them that they’re not going to let you down?
Some of the things you can do is to make sure that your builder is:
- a specialist in constructing patios, decks, carports, and verandas, as they will understand exactly what you need and will have the skills to get it done properly;
- someone who can manage the whole process for you from design to completion, including any planning permission or building permits;
- someone who is going to work with you through the whole project, not win the job and then pass everything on to a contractor, so ensure they’ll be with you through the whole process;
- someone who has been in the business for a while, as the last thing you want is a new builder who doesn’t have much experience or could go out of business and disappear;
- someone who has the correct licences and insurance, as without them you could be left with a poor-quality build or worse still, be left high and dry if something goes wrong; and
- someone who has a strong portfolio and references from previous jobs, and ideally see if you can talk with one of their latest customers to get their feedback.
If they fit the criteria of all of the above, then you’re on the right track. One other thing I’d add here is make sure you select a builder who will give you a comprehensive quote and a fixed price for completing your work.
It’s important to help make sure you know exactly what you’re getting and how much it will cost. You don’t want to be quoted low to be charged more later on or to realise it’s not got everything you need.
At Premium Patios, we are specialists in constructing patios, decks, carports, and verandas and will manage the whole job for you. We aim to offer everything listed above to help you get the result you’re looking for.
I hope you found this useful. If you’d like to find out more about how to get a well-designed and well-built patio for your home, then we have two ways to help you out.
- You can download our free guide on the five mistakes people make when building a patio, deck, carport or veranda and how to avoid them – click here
- You can book your free measure and design where we’ll be able to give you advice and ideas for your project and provide you with a fixed quote to complete your construction – click here.